2014-15 New Student Registration
Parents and students in grades 6, 7 and 8 who will be new to Kopachuck Middle School in year 2014- 15 - welcome! Please follow the links below to print the appropriate enrollment forms and return the completed forms to Kopachuck Middle School. We will also need a copy of student's birth certificate, as well as a copy of a utility bill to confirm residency in the KMS service area. Please call Peggy Borgen, Office Manager, at 253-530-4105 for further information or questions.
Smarter Balanced Testing
Previously, parents received an electronic letter explaining the Smarter Balanced field test. The Smarter Balanced assessment is replacing the Measurement of Student Progress (MSP). During Language Arts and Math classes, students have accessed the Smarter Balanced practice test to preview the new assessment's on-line format and prompts. If you would like to access these tests, or if your student would like further practice, click here.
Secondary Supplemental Reading List 2014
This spring, middle and high school teachers and librarians from across the district collaborated to revise our Supplemental Reading List to supplement the new edition of the SpringBoard curriculum and Common Core State Standards.
The purposes of the project are:
- to support teachers, librarians, parents, and students in choosing high-quality, engaging novels at each grade level for independent reading, literature circles, and/or reading support.
- to deepen student understanding and application of themes and strategies in the curriculum.
- to support the Common Core State Standards requirements that students read more complex texts more frequently.
2014-2015 School year student transfers
As we prepare for the re-districting of our elementary schools and make plans to accommodate the explosive growth taking place in Gig Harbor North, new out-of-district transfer requests will be impacted as follows:
- No new out-of-district transfers will be accepted at grades K through 5
- No new out-of-district transfers will be accepted at Harbor Ridge Middle School
Fillable transfer forms and school district transfer policies are available online at www.psd401.net at the Family scroll down menu under the Transfers tab. Completed forms must be returned to the District office via email, post, or drop-off, no later than April 30th. If you have questions, please call Roxann Tallman at 253-530-1007.