School Attendance Policy
We would like to remind our KMS community of a few important attendance policies:
- If there is a need for student's early release from school, please send a note to school with your student. You may also phone the school to arrange for an early release. In this way, your student will be ready and waiting for you when you arrive at school.
- Please notify the school by phone if your student is absent. You may leave a message on the atttendance line 24/7.
- A homework request may be made on the 3rd day of absence. Please call the school office with this request by 9:00 am. Homework may be picked up in the office between 3:00 pm and 4:00 pm
- Our tardy policy is explained in the front of the student agenda.
- Students who will be gone for 3 or more days on a planned absence, must complete an "Intended Absence Form" at least one week prior to the absence. On this form, students will gather each teacher's signature, parent's signature and return the form to the school office prior to the absence. Click here to access the form.
And...as we enter the holiday season we would just like to remind everyone of the importance of being at school every day. Thank you!
Secondary Independent Reading List
This spring, middle and high school teachers and librarians from across the district collaborated to create an Independent Reading List to supplement the SpringBoard curriculum.
The purposes of the project are:
- to support teachers, librarians, parents, and students in choosing high-quality, engaging novels at each grade level for independent reading, literature circles, and/or reading support.
- to deepen student understanding and application of themes and strategies in the curriculum.
- to support the Common Core State Standards requirements that students read more complex texts more frequently.
Are You Moving?
Are you moving out of the Kopachuck service area? Please be sure to notify the school office. Students may not enroll at any other school without first withdrawing from Kopachuck. Be sure to collect all textbooks, library books and other school property and return these items to the school before leaving us.
Homework Help is an after-school study time offered on Tuesday and Thursdays for those students who would like to get a head start on their homework or to work on getting caught up on any school assignment. Students may work independently or quietly in small groups. Although academic support is available, it is not a one-on-one tutoring session. Students are expected to arrive at Room 301 promptly and must have sufficient tasks and supplies to remain busy until 4:20 pm, at which time they will be released for parent pick-up or the activity bus.
Important Student Communication
Important School Communication:
In order to conserve resources and take advantage of our school technology, most school-to-parent communication is accomplished through School Messenger phone call and e-mail. Please check your home e-mail to be sure that communication from KMS is not “blocked.”