Important Schedule Reminder
No late start on Wednesday, March 19, due to high school state testing.
Incoming Tide Night!
To assist incoming 9th grade families, Gig Harbor High School will present"Incoming Tide Night" on April 8th. This event will take place at GHHS, 6:00 pm. Watch this space for more information!
GHHS AP/Elective Night March 4th
All current 8th graders and their parents are invited to attend the GHHS AP/Elective night March 4th, 6:00-7:30. This is a night for Gig Harbor High School to showcase some of the classes we offer. For our elective courses, teachers will have displays and literature available at tables set up in our commons. For our AP courses teachers will share details of their programs and answer your questions. We will offer three 15 minute presentations for our AP courses for you to choose from. Underclassmen and their parents are free to attend the AP presentations to better understand the prerequisites of each course. Our hope is that the information you gather this night will assist you as you plan your student's high school schedule.
School Dance Friday
Our next school dance will be March 7th from 5-7:00 pm. This will be a semi-formal dance (you can dress up or come in your normal clothes). Tickets are $5 with ASB card or $8 if you do not have an ASB card. Tickets may be purchased during all lunches the week of March 3rd through March 7th. Your ticket includes 2 slices of pizza and a cookie. Click here to request your favorite music!
School Attendance Policy
We would like to remind our KMS community of a few important attendance policies:
- If there is a need for student's early release from school, please send a note to school with your student. You may also phone the school to arrange for an early release. In this way, your student will be ready and waiting for you when you arrive at school.
- Please notify the school by phone if your student is absent. You may leave a message on the atttendance line 24/7.
- A homework request may be made on the 3rd day of absence. Please call the school office with this request by 9:00 am. Homework may be picked up in the office between 3:00 pm and 4:00 pm
- Our tardy policy is explained in the front of the student agenda.
- Students who will be gone for 3 or more days on a planned absence, must complete an "Intended Absence Form" at least one week prior to the absence. On this form, students will gather each teacher's signature, parent's signature and return the form to the school office prior to the absence. Click here to access the form.
And...as we enter the holiday season we would just like to remind everyone of the importance of being at school every day. Thank you!