Blarney Bash March 14th!
Do not miss this fun-filled Irish Dinner Auction, sponsored by the KMS PTSA, to be held at the Gig Harbor Golf and Country Club, Saturday, March 14th. The evening features both a silent and live auction, good food and a good time will be had by all. Proceeds from the auction support many needs of the school. Tickets are availble through the school office through March 6th. We hope to see you all there!
March Highly Capable Testing
The district's spring Cognitive Abilities Testing (CogAT) is scheduled for Saturday, March 7th.
Parents of newly referred students in grades 1-8 will receive a letter mailed home the week of February 9th with additional details, including times and location. The spring CogAT testing is only for students who have been referred this year by teachers, parents or through the district's fall screening process for grades 1-3. Students already qualified as highly capable do not need to retest. The district is no longer accepting new referrals for this spring's testing.
What's New with State Testing?
STATE TESTING CHANGES
New Learning Standards / New State Tests
Starting this school year, our state’s learning standards are now aligned to the Common Core State Standards in math and English language arts. New state standards mean new state tests. Washington, along with 23 other states, has a new state test aligned with the Common Core Standards. These next-generation assessments are called the Smarter Balanced Assessments (SBA). They are designed to accurately measure student progress toward college-and career-readiness in English language arts and mathematics.
Online Payments Now Accepted
Great news! Online payments are now being accepted!
The Kopachuck web store is now up and running. This means great things for our families, such as:
- The ability to pay by credit card. A $1.00 minimum processing fee is automatically applied at checkout
- Pay class fees, purchase store items and even make a donation
- Want to know if you bought your student a yearbook or paid a class fee? This system will provide you with real time access to your student's account. This includes fines and fees that have been assessed and past payment history
You can access our web store in one of two ways:
- Go directly to the log-in page at https://wa-peninsula.intouchreceipting.com.
- Go to www.kms.psd401.net and look for Quick Links in the upper left corner and click on Bookkeeper/Web Store.