Incoming 6th Grader Parent Night April 1st
An informational meeting for the parents of all 2015-16 6th graders is scheduled for Wednesday, April 1st, 6:30 pm in the KMS Commons. Parents will receive information on middle school courses, the registration process and school environment. Information on special education services will be presented at 6:00 pm in the KMS Library. This night is designed for parents only; we will welcome our incoming 6th graders at Orientation in late August. We look forward to seeing our incoming 6th grade parents!
April 30th deadline for student transfers
As we prepare for the redistricting of our elementary schools and make plans to accommodate the explosive growth taking place in Gig Harbor North, new out-of-district transfer requests will be impacted as follows:
- No new out-of-district transfers will be accepted at grades K through 5
- No new out-of-district transfers will be accepted at Harbor Ridge Middle School
Fillable transfer forms and school district transfer policies are available online at www.psd401.net at the Family scroll down menu under the Transfers tab. Completed forms must be returned to the District office via email, post, or drop-off, no later than April 30th. If you have questions, please call Roxann Tallman at 253-530-1007.
What's New with State Testing?
STATE TESTING CHANGES
New Learning Standards / New State Tests
Starting this school year, our state’s learning standards are now aligned to the Common Core State Standards in math and English language arts. New state standards mean new state tests. Washington, along with 23 other states, has a new state test aligned with the Common Core Standards. These next-generation assessments are called the Smarter Balanced Assessments (SBA). They are designed to accurately measure student progress toward college-and career-readiness in English language arts and mathematics.
Online Payments Now Accepted
Great news! Online payments are now being accepted!
The Kopachuck web store is now up and running. This means great things for our families, such as:
- The ability to pay by credit card. A $1.00 minimum processing fee is automatically applied at checkout
- Pay class fees, purchase store items and even make a donation
- Want to know if you bought your student a yearbook or paid a class fee? This system will provide you with real time access to your student's account. This includes fines and fees that have been assessed and past payment history
You can access our web store in one of two ways:
- Go directly to the log-in page at https://wa-peninsula.intouchreceipting.com.
- Go to www.kms.psd401.net and look for Quick Links in the upper left corner and click on Bookkeeper/Web Store.