Take a Few Minutes to Learn More About the Smarter Balanced Assessment
Our Kopachuck parents are busy people, so we invite you to watch a video we made to save you the time of coming to an evening parent presentation. Although the color quality is not ideal, the information is helpful. Click here to view the video.
Smarter Balanced testing will take place the week of May 2nd through the 6th. It is very important that students are in attendance. Studenst will need ear buds to take the assessment. Ear buds are available for purchase at the Student Store for $1.25 each, or student may bring ear buds from home.
SBA Week Bell Schedule (Monday & Thursday: 1st,2nd,3rd Periods; Tuesday & Friday: 4th, 5th, 6th Periods; Wednesday regular schedule)
- 1st/4th Period:
- 2nd/5th Period: 10:15 am-12:45 pm
- 11:15-11:45 am - 1st Lunch
- 12:15-12:45 pm - 2nd Lunch
- 3rd/6th Period: 12:49-2:45 pm
PSD Students Getting Ready for Spring Testing
English and math: Students in grades 3-8 and 10/11 will take the Smarter Balanced state assessments in English Language Arts (ELA) and mathematics this spring. These are computer adaptive tests that measure a student's career or college readiness or progress towards being career or college ready. Over 220 colleges, universities, technical schools now use the high school Smarter Balanced assessment results for college course placement, eliminating the need for costly placement tests or remedial coursework in English and/or math.
Science: Students in grades 5 and 8 will take the MSP Science test and high school students in Biology will take the end-of-course exam.
Building Great Things - A Spotlight on PACK class Building Community
Kopachuck PACK class, Building Community, is all about contributing to our community. Under the direction of teacher Kelly Bolender, students design, estimate, plan and build such items as a wooden outdoor sign for Voyager Elementary, physical therapy equipment for the school district, a photo both for the schooland a garden bench for a local assisted-living facility, to name a few. To read more good things about Building Community, click here.
Online Payments Now Accepted
Save time and make your payments online.
The Kopachuck web store provides great things for our families, such as:
- The ability to pay by credit card. A $1.00 minimum processing fee is automatically applied at checkout
- Pay class fees, purchase store items and even make a donation
- Want to know if you bought your student a yearbook or paid a class fee? This system will provide you with real time access to your student's account. This includes fines and fees that have been assessed and past payment history
You can access our web store in one of two ways:
- Go directly to the log-in page at https://wa-peninsula.intouchreceipting.com.
- Go to www.kms.psd401.net and look for Quick Links in the upper left corner and click on Bookkeeper/Web Store.